Why I've Been MIA

So it has been a while since I last posted, I promised exciting news and I'm sure you're wondering what! I am so happy to finally say, we are home owners! 


We still have quite a bit of moving to do, boxes to unpack, things to hang, but we're officially in!
I am so excited and there are already so many spaces in our new house I love. It is so exciting and exhausting, but so worth it! Townes is loving it, and exploring every nook and cranny he can get into. His favorite activity so far is getting all the pots and pans out of the cabinet or running down the hallway. 


I can't wait to share more of our home and life as we get settled in.

We are slowly figuring out where everything goes, remembering where everything goes, and trying to save as much money as we can these first couple of months. We are so incredibly thankful for all our family and friends for helping us move everything as well as helping us get settled. 

THANK YOU TO:

Benjamin's parents, who gave us a ton of amazing decor and furniture (when we had NONE) and helped us clean EVERYTHING as we moved everything in, and for helping us move everything into the house!

My parents, who let us use their trailer and truck to haul all our things, and let us always store things at their house for an undetermined amount of time, and gave us lots of things we needed to get settled, and especially for watching Townes so we could move everything in!

Our friend and realtor, Liese Crosby! She put up with us looking at house after house, losing one, and finally finding one! She took great care of us, and was kind enough to give us a washer and dryer!

Also a special thank you to Jeremy and Jennifer for coming over our first night in our house, bringing pie, and a super special welcome home gift! Also thanks to Jeremy for helping us set up our Wifi!


Let's get a closer look at that super one-of-a-kind scent!


Welcome Home! My new favorite candle.


We got moved in the weekend before school started,

so this transition back to school for me has been exhausting. When I get home, I don't feel like doing anything other than playing with Townes or reading. My brain doesn't have much left for anything else, especially unpacking or projects. It looks like most our projects will get done on the weekend and most likely I will have more energy as I get into the school year. However, I unpacked all the bathroom stuff today! I have started drinking butter coffee in hopes it will help me still have energy when I get home! Updates to come! (on the house, and how the butter coffee is working)


We just got wifi yesterday, so I wanted to get back on the blog train ASAP.

I already have my next few posts ready to go, and I promise to try to get back to a normal schedule from now on. Posts will most likely be once every other day. (hopefully)

My three favorite moments from today:

Moment 1: Greeting the kids at school. 

I somehow got the honor of being the designated door opener at school to let the kids in. I love it! It is my favorite part of the school day and talking to them all in the morning is a great way to start my day.

Moment 2: Bedtime cuddles with Townes.

Just like greeting the kids at school puts a great start to my day, cuddling with Townes is a great way to end it. I live for rocking him to sleep and feeling his sweaty body sink into me.

Moment 3: Townes and his diaper.

Townes was walking around in just a diaper and shirt when I got home from work after his nap. I was sitting on the couch zoning when I heard Benjamin say "Look at him!" I looked over the couch to see Townes walking around Winnie-the-Pooh style (shirt, no bottoms). He had taken his diaper off while walking down the hall and was holding it in his hand. Benjamin said "what are you doing?" to which he then handed Benjamin the diaper as if to reply, "thank you, I don't need it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

But for the weekend? We were young again.

"Life Starts All Over Again When It Gets Crisp In The Fall"