December Bullet Journal Spread (Blogmas 3)

I finally finished my December Bullet Journal spread!

(5 days late, but finished!) I did the last bit after putting a sleepy boy to bed and watching the cheesiest Christmas movies on Netflix. Nothing gets you in the Christmas mood like watching the ridiculous plots and horrific drama. December, as you know by now, is my favorite, so I wanted this spread to capture the love I have for the month itself. I added a few pages more than normal, turned the Christmas Spirit all the way up, and got to doodling.

**warning and apologies in advance. I am half asleep writing this blog post, but I am not about to be another day behind on Blogmas.  The show must go on. I am determined and excited about December. Sleep will not stop me. I will probably find some embarrassing typos and errors on here later. I will probably cringe at my rambling, but I am here and we are doing this. 


First up, the cover page!

I love the appearance of mistletoe, I think it is so beautiful. I saw an idea similar to this where someone created a minimalist theme and made their mistletoe black and white. I loved it, but of course I needed more color. I threw in some holly berries and leaves, and if that wasn't enough I added some Christmas lights for a little more "pizzazz". (sp?)


Next was my monthly calendar spread.

I saw so many great ideas for December spreads, and I loved all of them so much that I had to throw various parts of them in to each page. I put a wreath and some ornaments on this page, to help tie in the festive greenery and ornaments (that appear again later). Greenery is great no matter the season, but can we all just agree that Christmas greenery is way better? Yeah? Good.


After my monthly spread, is a new spread for me,

I put a Christmas Advent-ure calendar on one side, and a gift ideas page on the other. The idea behind the calendar is that I will make the most of my month and do all the fun activities, as well as spread the cheer on to some other people along the way. The gift ideas page is to help me figure out what in the world I am getting for people, brainstorm various ideas, and helps me organize who needs more/less etc.

Continuing along with the gift ideas, my next spread is a gift tracker.

I also loved this idea. It organizes who I need to buy for, what I am buying, how much I plan to spend, how much I really spend, when I need the gift by, check spots for when they are finished and wrapped, a spot for stocking stuffers, and extra notes. I can tell I am going to use this one the most, it has already helped me plan gifts, and plan when I need to buy gifts for certain people.

Our next pages are my mood tracker and an empty, dump spot for recipes I want to remember.

I have been loving these mood trackers, it is so much fun to look back at the end of the month and see how I was feeling. Most of the time there is an obvious pattern or an obvious mood that outweighed the others. I also feel very responsible and adult when I log how often I feel bad or anxious. (We're off to a good start!)

Last, but not least, my boring spending log (which I'm predicting will be hideous this month) and my weekly spread.

I used ornament shapes for my dates, and I am thinking about changing the dates on each page. I decided not to add a habit tracker this month because I knew it would be all over the place and probably not very beneficial to me. I will most likely start it back up again in January, New Year's Resolutions and what not.

Well I hope you enjoyed my doodles and the snow today!

I hope this small snow is a sign of what is to come, I feel like Lorelai Gillmore in the snow. It is magical, I don't care what anyone else says. 





Comments

  1. Loved it! I didn't get to hear/see all your journal pages. Nice work! I love your creative organization! Mothers are supposed to teach, but it is so wonderful to learn from my children! As always, your photos are great! Esp the last one. Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But for the weekend? We were young again.

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

How to be Hospitable Hosts