Smells Like Christmas (Blogmas 2)

I was so mad when I realized

I completely missed Bath & Body Works' 3- wick candle sale. They were completely sold out online by 11:00 AM and I had a sick baby with two teeth coming in. I wouldn't dare taking him into that madness, it would be a nightmare and I was guaranteed to break at least 4 candles. I put on my big girl pants and told myself I didn't need my house to smell like the Spirit of Christmas this year... (cue big tears) 

So, I am here to provide you two, wonderful and inexpensive ways I quickly solved my conundrum. 



Alternative One: A(n) (Amazing) Cheaper Candle!

I love Bath & Body Works as much as the next person, but it is very rare that I have 22 dollars to drop on a candle, even if it smells like Michael BublĂ©'s voice. Even when they are 50% off that's still more than 10 dollars a pop, plus tax. That's still iffy when you have Christmas presents to buy and babies to feed. Yes, this most recent sale was 8 dollars a candle, but what if I tell you I can do you one better?(?!) And what if I tell you this option smells just as good, if not better, than a B&B candle? (?!?!)

I got the my first candle in this brand as a gift. (thanks Mom!) I lit it one day, just trying to get my house to smell good before some company came over. I put it in the largest space in my house, and put one of my B&BW candles in a smaller room. I could hardly smell my B&BW one after about an hour and the other one was so strong and also wafted around the room hours after I put it out. I was so pleased that I told myself to look into how much they cost next time I went to the store they were from.

Would you believe me if I told you this brand was from Walmart for... $3.00!! I'm not talking a small shot-glass size candle, a large, 3-wick candle for $3.00! I was blown away.




Now before you get too excited, I have a few small cons. I want you to have all the information you can before making a decision however. The only downsides I have noticed is for one, they burn quicker than a B&BW candle. Significantly quicker? I don't think so. It is enough for me to notice, but not enough than I can justify $22 over $3. The second downside is that there are not as many options. I have not looked online, but the selection in stores is way lower that B&BW is. I was a little bummed that I didn't get my favorite scents, but Bath & Body Works will have another sale, and I was more than pleased for the ones I picked up until I can get my favorites.




With all the "negatives" being said, I love these candles! They smell amazing, smell strongly, (in a good way) and are at such a great price point. These are AMAZING stocking stuffers, anyone would love them, and you can pick up a few for your house as well. 




I am horrible at describing smells, FYI, but I will do my best. 
The first scent I had was Hazelnut Cream. ( A sweet, nutty smell )
The new ones I picked up were: 
Cinnamon ( Obviously a strong, spicy cinnamon smell )
Country Holiday ( This one has the softest smell. It is clean and winter-y, with a hint of sweetness )
Mulled Cider ( A spiced apple smell )


  For size comparison.
Mainstays is 11.5 oz
B&BW is 14.5 oz


Alternative Two: A Stovetop/Crockpot Potpourri

I am completely behind on this. I went over to my brother and sister-in-law's house one day and they had one of these in their crockpot. They quickly had to tell me it wasn't anything I could consume because it smelled so amazing. I never thought of making my own potpourri hot to smell up the house. The best part is, you can be super specific with smells! Take out what you don't like, or add things you do! It's your's to create and have fun with! Just don't drink it!

For your convenience, here are 15 different Holiday Stove-Top (Or Crockpot) recipes to have your house smelling like a sleigh-ride with Mariah Carey in no time! 

https://www.foreverfreebyanymeans.com/2017/12/03/15-diy-potpourri-recipes-make-home-smell-marvelous/

I really love a lot of these smells and I love that this source included a coffee one. The smell of coffee makes me weak in the knees.
Homemade Holidays- Let's Make the House Smell Like Christmas | halfbakedharvest.com @hbharvest
Picture taken from: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/

Another great idea is to gather all your dry ingredients and place them in a clear mason jar with a cute label (give it a name, some instructions, a bow, and a little glitter never hurt anyone) and give them as cheap, fun gifts!

Slow Cooker Simmering Spice Gift
Like this, from: https://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/

I hope you can use these ideas to spread some Christmas cheer,

either in your house or in a loved one's! Happy smelling!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

But for the weekend? We were young again.

"Life Starts All Over Again When It Gets Crisp In The Fall"