Snow Day! (Blogmas 4)


It's Snowmageddon out there!

It felt like Christmas morning, waking up to a blanket of snow over everything outside! Snow is like nature's glitter, it makes everything more beautiful, fun, and sparkly. This was our first snow in our new home and Townes' first snow he could play in! That makes it a triple burst of excitement!

First snow at our sweet little space! The snow makes it sparkle!
Townes had the biggest grin on his face as we made our way out into the winter wonderland. It felt like my heart was going to explode I was so happy and excited. He started with one little finger and progressed to a foot, then progressed to falling face first into the snow. He went from zero to eighty in two seconds.


I sat him in a large pile of snow standing up, and it came up to his waist, so he couldn't even walk in it. While holding my hand, he could take several steps, and enjoyed walking through it. I could tell he was wishing he could bounce around in it like an animal, he didn't like being so immobile without help. We played and frolicked around while Benjamin tried to get his car out of the driveway so he could head to work. He worked at it for an hour and a half before he took a break.

Up to my knees!

Townes and I had fun in the meantime however!

We didn't have any baby gloves, so I had to improvise with two pairs of my ankle socks, which came up to Townes' elbow! He looked so cute all snuggled and bundled up, but he got aggravated at how hard it was to maneuver in all that fabric. He grunted so loud with each step, he sounded like a little old man trying to walk up a long flight of stairs. I couldn't help but laugh at him struggling, and he would just look at me like I was sick for finding humor in his struggle.



We finally decided to come back inside to get warm; sock hands can only keep you so dry. I let Townes play in a warm bath until he got prune-y, and then put him into some cozy festive pajamas. We watched Benjamin finally get his car on the road, several people get stuck, the snow falling in huge flakes all through our living room window. We snuggled up and watched some Christmas movies and then took the best nap ever. It was such a fun and happy day. I am so thankful for days like this, and the life that I have. December makes me so happy and thankful, I should really carry a bit of that into each month of the year.


I hope you had a fun, safe, cozy Sunday today. I'm going to go watch some more cheesy Christmas movies and drink a nice, warm mug of hot cocoa. I know this one wasn't very long, but I spent most of the day enjoying all the moments I had. I look forward to helping Townes build his very first snowman and trying snow cream tomorrow on our second snow day! (Thank you school for canceling!) It was lovely weather for a snow day together. ⛄

First look at the snow!

















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But for the weekend? We were young again.

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

How to be Hospitable Hosts