Best Beauty of 2018 PART 3: Eyes

Next in my favorites, let's talk eyes and eye-shadows!



Toward the second half of last year I really didn't wear a lot of eye-shadow. When I do feel like dressing up, or adding some pizzazz, I seem to gravitate to the same things time and time again. I would consider most of these holy grail products for that reason. My colourpop eyeshadow and Too Faced palettes have held tried and true for several years now, but I found some more last year that I think are here to stay.

The breakdown:



*Colourpop Super Shock Shadow: This was the first ever product I tried from Colourpop almost five years ago and it is still easily my favorite thing they make. It is such a unique formula and has some of the most incredible payoff. I used to preach this stuff to everyone. If you saw me with a banging color or sparkle on my lid, 98% chance it was this. Pictured I put my all time faves, Cornelious (a matte warm caramel), Friendship File (a Hello Kitty exclusive, a sparkly warm pink, however looks very similar to Party of Five), Lovely (no longer available, however looks almost exactly like I heart this), Wattles (a dusty beige, pink satin), Banana Daiquiri (a teal with gold glitter) and Flipper (also no longer available but looks just like 6AM).

I felt bad some of my favorites were no longer available so I did some research to find some that were almost exactly the same. It'll be nice for me to know also when mine run out!

Cornelious was in the first purchase I ever made to Colourpop, in Kathleen Lights first quad. (which is still available!) That color and Wattles are great just throw on and go shades. I put them all over the lid and done. Super wearable and beautiful. Lovely and Friendship File are beautiful toppers with a great sparkle. I love the chunky glitter they put in some of them because they are a gorgeous accent. Flipper and Banana Daiquiri I bought in a summer set and I surprisingly wore them a lot last year! Banana Daiquiri is beautiful paired with my Modern Renaissance palette and Flipper is such a beautiful wearable orange.

Enough about these eye-shadows, they are great, you should try them. 

Colourpop Supernova Shadow: This is another amazing eye-shadow they have. It is like a cream/liquid form and it stays on my oily eyelids pretty well! I only have one so far and love it. I have the shade Walk of Fame which isn't available now it looks like (dang they get rid of stuff fast) but it is a beautiful coppery bronze and it looks like they have a ton that would be comparable.

*Colourpop X Kathleen Lights Dream Street Palette: Again with the Kathleen Lights stuff. Seriously though, I was shocked at how much I loved all these colors. Especially in the spring and summer, this was my every day palette. I could get so many wearable and dramatic looks out of it. 

Colourpop Creme Gel Liner: I know I have a lot of Colourpop products, but they are at such a low price point and SUCH good quality. These creme gel liners are awesome. I have the shade Get Paid (pictured) and I love to wear it in my waterline or inner corner (a metallic rose gold), but I also love the shade Mr. Bing as a warm dark liner.

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette: This one I probably wore the least out of the other two palettes, but it's always my go to when I need a some nice cool tone colors to go with my favorite purples. Its an amazing palette and I love it just as much, if not more, than its sister the Chocolate Bar Palette. It is great for lots of every day looks and, just like their other palettes, there are plenty pops of color to add drama or a unique twist to a look.

Tarte Lifted Mascara: I got this mascara as a sample in an ipsy. It was advertised as an "exercis" themed bag because this mascara claimed to be "sweat-proof". I don't know about all that, but I do know I loved how this mascara made my eyelashes look. I had a brown shade, which I always love to have on hand in a mascara. It looked very natural and real. I got tons of compliments and questions when I would wear this too, which makes it a winner in my book.

Tarte Sex Kitten Eyeliner: I also got this in an ipsy bag. It is just an insanely pigmented, creamy stick eyeliner. I don't wear black eyeliner a whole ton, but this was one of the few I used time and time again last year. I also didn't notice a lot of smudging or smearing, which is big for me and my oily skin.

*Tarte Tartelette Tease Clay Palette: This palette was everything last year. It is in my daily makeup basket, and for good reason. I use it almost every single day. I love all the colors in it, and they really make my green eyes pop. They are all so flattering and beautiful. I usually use this for everyday looks, but I really enjoy using it as a base and using one of my colourpop shadows for the pop. 

Jordana Easyliner Retractable Pencil: There isn't much to say about this one. Not in a bad way either! It is literally the cheapest pencil at the drug store and works so well. I have so many colors. The one pictured is in the shade, eggplant, and I love their off-black (is that a word? like off white?) colors. It gives you a more natural and wearable look than the bold blacks.

Lorac Front of the Line Pro Eye Pencil: I could say all the same things about this eyeliner as I did about the Tarte one (This one just has a less fun name). I used it a lot, and it didn't smear down my oily face.

Steve Laurant Precision Tip Liner: Ugh I am so angry this one was a favorite. I am also angry ipsy sent it to me. I am only angry because this is 24 dollars for an eyeliner. I will never be able to justify spending that much money on one small product that runs out so fast. I had to include it in my favorites though because it is that good. So if you want to spend that much on an awesome eyeliner, go for it. I would just prefer to splurge on something else.

*Maybelline Lash Bloom Sensational Mascara: This has been the only mascara I have worn steadily for the past two years. The only thing I don't like about this is that it is pretty hard to get off, and I don't use waterproof. Some people may consider that a good thing though. I can't bring myself to buy a high-end mascara because the drug store has the best ones I have ever used.

Even though I didn't wear a lot of eye make-up this past year, these are all tried and true and will stay in my daily favorites for a while. Any that are your favorites/holy grail products as well? Any that I should try? 

Look out for Part 4 of 5 soon, skin care! Spoiler: my all time favorite product is in the skin care category. Can you guess which one?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

But for the weekend? We were young again.

"Life Starts All Over Again When It Gets Crisp In The Fall"