Favorite Beauty of 2018 PART 2: Lips

Welcome to Part 2 of my favorite beauty of 2018!


This one is moving on to my kryptonite, lips.

If I see a pretty lipstick on someone, I have to have it. If I ask you what lipstick you are wearing, I expect you to know and tell me so I can get it too. I probably have more lipstick than there are days in the year, but when I feel sassy I know I can just wear mascara and a bold lip.


The breakdown:

*EOS Lipbalm: As much as I love lipstick, I surprisingly gravitated toward naked lips in 2018. EOS lipbalm has been keeping me going for years now and I love the crystal one I have been using. I also really love the coconut milk swirled one. Regardless of what kind, I always have a EOS on hand.

*Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme: Continuing on with naked lips, this is amazing to use on its own or over lipstick. Warning: it hurts, pretty bad. I got a sample of this in my ipsy, and upon first use, hated it. I read about why it stung so bad and was intrigued. I tried it gradually after that and started to love it. It made my lips look full and juicy and has long-term benefits. I use it as a lip treatment and just as a gloss. The more you use it, the less it stings. I have actually started to enjoy the little tingles now. I loved my sample so much I bought a full size! This stuff is expensive too, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't love it. I usually don't even like gloss either. New love.

Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint: Ah, these are so good. A lot of people don't like the formula, but I love them. It is like a cream almost. They last a good amount of time on my lips, my best friend wore this on her wedding. They also have a subtle sweet smell that I enjoy. You know I like a formula when I buy multiple colors. The colors I have are: TBT (mauve), Namaste (nude)and Manbun (dark berry).

I may or may not have bought that last one because of the name.

NYX Butter Lipstick: I got this as a sample in an ipsy and finally tried it this year. It is so creamy and feels so good on the lips! I have been moving away from super matte, dry lips lately and this lipstick feels so good. I really want to go get more colors, and it really makes me want to try the butter gloss. The shade I have is Ripe Berry.

NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick: This is another comfortable liquid lipstick formula I love. I bought the black and a deep purple one after the sample I got in my ipsy. That sample is still my favorite and the one that made it in my favorites, Soft-Spoken.

*Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip: I feel like a lot of people didn't like these either but I loved them! They are such a bright, stained, wash of color on the lips. I love wearing both shades I got, Bit-O-Sunny (bright, cherry red) and Split (violet fuchsia). I wear both of these non stop in the summer. They are a perfect, comfortable lip stain.

Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip: Again I don't wear gloss a great amount, but when Kathleen Lights makes something with Colourpop, I have to have it. I wore her Moon Child Ultra Glossy Lip a lot this year, and it is just such a beautiful topper to any nude lipstick. It is a pinky nude with gold glitter. I don't like glitter lips, but this is a very fine glitter that looks more like a shine.

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip: I wasn't a huge fan of these at first, they were too drying and uncomfortable. They reformulated their old ones and Kathleen released her Lumiere 2. Purples are my absolute favorite colors to wear. Purple lipstick just makes my heart sing. I pushed aside my doubts and bought it. The new formula is still pretty matte, but much more comfortable and wears off more gracefully. This shade is a dusty mauve and dries to a pretty true purple, its beautiful and very unique.

Too Faced Melted Lipstick: This are another formula I love (are you starting to see why lips are my weakness?). I love the way they feel like a non-sticky gloss but look satin on the lips. They last almost all day and wear off beautifully. I love the shade Melted Chihuahua (a gorgeous warm nude) but pictured I have my absolute favorite I wore last year, Melted Fig (a beautiful dusty purple, surprise surprise)

Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick: I only have one of these and I am waiting to splurge on more, but I am so happy at the one shade I do have. This formula LASTS. I mean through eating and drinking and oily skin and HOURS of wear. It is insanely impressive, and comfortable! I have the shade Lady Balls (LOL what another great name) and it is an insanely gorgeous true, blue red. This is my go-to red, because reds are so high maintenance I don't want to have to touch up or reapply all day. This one has me covered. This lipstick also wins the most compliments award. I swear EVERYONE compliments this lip because its bold & beautiful (cue the theme song).  

L'Oreal Colour Riche: I really only bought this lipstick because of the color. Omg, best summer color ever. I crave colors like this in the summer. I want it to be so vibrant and loud it hits you in the face. This also is a comfortable formula with a great wear. I have the shade Liya's Pink. It is a neon, orange-y, hot pink.

L'Oreal Le Matte: This lipstick also gets a lot of compliments, oddly enough. It is just a unique warm nude. I love it as an everyday shade, it is comfortable and wears great. It checks all my boxes. I have the color She's so Matte.


That's it for my favorite lip products of last year.

Not that many, right? I may have a problem. 😂

Make sure to come back for Part 3 : Eyes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

But for the weekend? We were young again.

"Life Starts All Over Again When It Gets Crisp In The Fall"