Part of My World

Hey, I'm Cassandra.

I'm a twenty-something mom and dork who works currently as a special education instruction assistant for grades K-5. I hope to have my own classroom someday soon, but for now I am so happy doing what I'm doing until God puts me where I need to be. I have an incredible family and the best friends. I have a hilarious and amazing son, Townes, who is a year old. I love animals, eating, and pretty much anything that involves creating. I go to the movies regularly and love picking up a good book when I have a minute.

I love to laugh.

One of my favorite quotes, from the magnificent Audrey Hepburn, "I believe laughing is the best calorie burner". I couldn't agree more Audrey. Expect some humor, dumb jokes, and a splash of sarcasm because that's just who I am as a human. We need laughter as badly as we need kindness.

I love writing.

My love of writing inspired me to start my own blog. I may be the only one who sees it, but I wanted to get in the habit of pursuing my creative side more and pushing myself to write more. I have a ton of different interests; beauty & fashion, mommin' life, books & films, home decor, art & DIY projects, food, journaling & writing, and more. Even though I have a wide variety of interests I hope each post will be something anyone can enjoy and I hope to put a little bit of myself and a little bit of "sunshine" in each one. 

Thanks for being Part of My World.

I hope you enjoy my thoughts, ramblings, and words. If you don't, that's okay too. It's more for me anyway. 😉

I saw recently a journal where you fill each day with your three favorite moments of that day. I'm gonna do try to do that on every post. No matter how bad the day, we can always find three good moments. 

Three moments I loved today (7/25/18):

Moment One: Going into Forever 21 with Townes.

We went into Forever 21 with my mother-in-law to get a giftcard. As soon as we walked in, Townes started dancing and jamming. He started running around the store, having a blast and making everyone laugh. (We ultimately lost his paci in the excitement.) It was just so fun to watch, this age is so fun.

Moment Two: Getting Pie at Buttermilk Sky Pie.

While in town, we just had to stop by our favorite pie shop! I decided on a coconut creme and key-lime for Benjamin and I. Sometimes you just need a little sweet in your day.

Moment Three: Starting a Blog!

I am so excited about starting a blog! I hope it's something I enjoy keeping up with and that it helps me write more and focus on things that make me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But for the weekend? We were young again.

DIY Accent Wall (Under 5 dollars!)

How to be Hospitable Hosts